Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Environmental & Chemical Engineering co., Ltd. (hereinafter "MHIEC") recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care. Therefore, MHIEC will follow the basic policy stated below.
- MHIEC will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
- MHIEC will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- MHIEC will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MHIEC will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- MHIEC will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MHIEC will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person involved.
- If MHIEC receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If MHIEC receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- MHIEC will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MHIEC will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
- MHIEC will comply with all applicable Japanese laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information.
Established: April 1, 2016
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Environmental & Chemical Engineering co., Ltd.
Takayuki Hishinuma, President
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of personal information by MHIEC, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Information
MHIEC will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to its business purposes. The business purposes of personal information are:
- To make applications for transactions between MHIEC and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of MHIEC products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with MHIEC.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to MHIEC's facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which MHIEC is a member, and issue various notices from MHIEC according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by MHIEC to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for the MHIEC electronic mailing service.
- To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on MHIEC's R&D activities, to which the paragraph (1) above shall apply accordingly; participate in academic societies; make recommendations for prizes awarded by academic societies; and make and manage joint patent applications.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of MHIEC.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of MHIEC in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to MHIEC's retired employees and to communicate with the families of MHIEC's employees.
- To exchange necessary information between MHIEC and its cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within MHIEC's scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from MHIEC and its group companies.
MHIEC may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information with a MHIEC group company to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above (See the Section 4.).
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2. Possession of Personal Information
MHIEC possesses and will possess personal information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, ages, memberships, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies.
MHIEC does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not required for business purposes.
3. Personal Information Management
MHIEC will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by it and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate method.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
MHIEC will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person's approval, except the following cases:
- the provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual's request and the matters stipulated for this provision in the Personal Information Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person;
- the work of handling personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for MHIEC's business purposes. *provided, that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between MHIEC and such entrusted company and that MHIEC will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company;
- that MHIEC will disclose the personal information of any specific person with any of its group companies to the extent necessary for business purposes. *provided that such disclosure, the nature of the disclosed personal information, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such personal information shall be noticed or easily known to the person whose personal information has been disclosed; and
- such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
5. Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter "inquiries about personal information"), contact the respective departments of MHIEC to which such personal information was provided. (To make inquiries about personal information, it is necessary to submit a completed request form including a valid form of identification. Request forms will be sent from MHIEC on request.)
In the event the department to which the personal information was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling personal information, contact:
Personal Information Advice Office
General Affairs & Personnel Department,
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Environmental & Chemical Engineering co., Ltd.
4-2, Minatomirai 4-chome, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, 220-0012, Japan